Is there anyway to fight a "failure to maintain lane" ticket

Asked about 5 years ago - Lawrenceville, GA

I got a ticket today for failure to maintain lane at 10 in the morning. I was comming around a curve in my lane and the cop pulled me over. He said I was half way in the other lane. This road is a three lanes the middle lane being a turning lane. I know for a fact I was in my lane the entire way around the curve and where the officer was parked he could not see around the curve. Is there anything I can do to fight this? thanks a bunch. Oh, I am also twenty years old with absolutely no tickets, warnings or traffic accidents in the four year I have been driving thanks

1. Cory Earl Yager

1

3

Answered . This type of ticket is generally somewhat difficult to beat in court because the issue of whether or not you were commiting the infraction often comes down to a witness credibility issue (IE: Your word against the officer). With that said, you may want to take the opportunity to go to court either in the Lawrenceville Municipal Court or in Gwinnett Recorder's Court and speak to the Prosecutor about your case. With your type of driving record the Prosecutor may be willing to work with you in terms of a reduction of fine or a reduction to a non-points violation. If this is not possible, then you may wish to plead NOLO Contendre (No Contest). In Georgia, a NOLO plea can generally be used one time every 5 years to keep the points associated with a ticket off of your license. A failure to maintain lane ticket would place 3 points on your Georgia Drivers License assuming you are license in the state of Georgia.