Is there anything that can be done about a charge that you have had in the pass? Can it be reversed, changed or expunged?

Asked over 1 year ago - Waco, TX

It was this:THEFT PROP >=$20 =$500 <$1500 BY CHECK (23990034) which I never knew it was changed. Anyway my situation is that this is considered a crime of moral turpitude by some and is not by some. I work for a Charter School in Texas and you cannot work for a Charter School if you have committed a crime of moral turpitude. This only applies for Charters and not regular school districts. I have been there six years and tomorrow is my last day. My crime is almost 14 years old. i am just trying to find a way to save my job.

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . Not realistically. If it was deferred you could seal it, but the schools still have access to it (most other employers would not). Other than that, you can try to get a pardon or try to get it over turned on a writ. If either of those were successful, you could then expunge it completely.

2. Richard Timothy Jones

3

1

Answered . If you entered a plea and were convicted there is nothing you can do to get it off your record.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Expungement Lawyer

3. Bobby Dale Barina

Pro

1

Answered . Once you have been found guilty of the offense you cannot change it later. You cannot get it expunged. The only remedy at this point would be a request for a pardon.