Is there anything that can be done about a charge that you have had in the pass? Can it be reversed, changed or expunged?

Waco, TX |

It was this:THEFT PROP >=$20 <$500 BY CHECK (23990033) but by the time I went to court it was changed to THEFT PROPERTY >=$500 <$1500 BY CHECK (23990034) which I never knew it was changed. Anyway my situation is that this is considered a crime of moral turpitude by some and is not by some. I work for a Charter School in Texas and you cannot work for a Charter School if you have committed a crime of moral turpitude. This only applies for Charters and not regular school districts. I have been there six years and tomorrow is my last day. My crime is almost 14 years old. i am just trying to find a way to save my job.

Not realistically. If it was deferred you could seal it, but the schools still have access to it (most other employers would not). Other than that, you can try to get a pardon or try to get it over turned on a writ. If either of those were successful, you could then expunge it completely.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

2. If you entered a plea and were convicted there is nothing you can do to get it off your record.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Expungement Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

3. Once you have been found guilty of the offense you cannot change it later. You cannot get it expunged. The only remedy at this point would be a request for a pardon.

Bobby Barina's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Barina offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call his office at 254-699-3755 to make an appointment or visit his website at www.bobbybarina.com for more information about his services.