Is there anything stopping her from moving???

Asked over 1 year ago - Salem, WI

my girlfriend lives in illinois and wants to move in with me in wisconsin and was never married and has never went to court with her ex. its only her moving like 10 miles

Attorney answers (3)

  1. R. S. Missimer

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If there are kids involved, but no court order ever made then she can move. Statute generally says custody and placement goes with the mother in a paternity until there is a court order to the contrary.

  2. Alexander Mchenry Memmen


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . I don't understand... If she was never married, why would she go to court? Did she have children?

  3. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Is she under some kind of court order (perhaps custody) which limits her rights to move? If not, then she can move.

    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,138 answers this week

2,824 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,138 answers this week

2,824 attorneys answering