Is there anything I need to file or pay annually to keep my Florida LLC in good standing with the state?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

I have a Florida LLC for ownership of some rental homes. Is there anything I need to do in order to keep entity in good standing and legal with the state?

1. Marshall C Deason Jr.

Pro

5

1

Answered . You are required to file an annual report with the Florida Department of State and pay an annual filing fee. You can do this on line at www.sunbiz.org. You can also check there to see if your LLC is currently in good standing.

2. Jason D. Holbrook

4

1

Answered . You should also check your municipaility and/or county to verify that you have paid your business tax or occupational license, etc.

3. Barry Evan Haimo

1

1

Answered . Agree with the other answers. However, you're only asking about one aspect of compliance with Florida law. To ensure that you continue to enjoy the benefits for which you've created the entity or entities, you should contact an attorney that specializes in this area. Remember, there are attorneys out there who specialize in cracking a business entity...

4. Michael Leo Potter

2

1

Answered . Florida has a compliance protocol in which the LLC Manager will typically file the annual statement and pay the annual fee to the Secretary of State on behalf of the company.