Is there anything i can do to hurry the process? i did the application on my own and had it reviewed by a lawyer,

Stockton, CA |
Filed under: Deferred action

who said everything was in order and ready to be sent. i had my biometric app. on december 11. and up till now i have not received any news my case is still on initial review. Would it help if i hired a lawyer to speed up my process?

1. You are still within the average processing time from what we have seen. We have seen most cases adjudicated within 3-6 months. An attorney really could not assist in expediting your case at this point as it is already pending. However, if you were to receive an inquiry on your case from USCIS, then it would be a good idea to seek the advise of an immigration attorney at that point.

2. I agree with my colleague but you don't mention what type of case it is. Where you see that it is in initial processing, you should also be able to review the normal processing times. Hope this helps.

This answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on as each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Provide more information regarding the application your filed.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

4. Depends on what was filed.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.