Is there anything i can do about the situation i left in the details without having the punishment rain down from stealing?

Asked over 1 year ago - Laughlin, NV

i recently did a sworn statement about me and a coworker stealing from the store. i was told noone would know it was me who said these things. yet my boss told the people i said it because shes mad at me for stealing. she is trying to instigate an incident between us. there has to be something i can do about this.

1. Ryan Alexander

Pro

1

Answered . You had better repent, because the punishment is gonna rain down from on high! ;)

Actually it's amazing you weren't immediately terminated. It doesn't sound like you have a legal case. Pay your employer back, and if it was smaller items, hopefully nothing will happen.

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.
  2. Ross Carl Goodman

Pro

Answered . The employer is within his rights to do as he chooses with your recent admission of theft. However, given your acceptance of responsiblity, hopefuylly he will not pursue criminal charges.