Is there anything i can do about the situation i left in the details without having the punishment rain down from stealing?

Laughlin, NV |

i recently did a sworn statement about me and a coworker stealing from the store. i was told noone would know it was me who said these things. yet my boss told the people i said it because shes mad at me for stealing. she is trying to instigate an incident between us. there has to be something i can do about this.

1. You had better repent, because the punishment is gonna rain down from on high! ;)

Actually it's amazing you weren't immediately terminated. It doesn't sound like you have a legal case. Pay your employer back, and if it was smaller items, hopefully nothing will happen.

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.

2. The employer is within his rights to do as he chooses with your recent admission of theft. However, given your acceptance of responsiblity, hopefuylly he will not pursue criminal charges.

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.