Is there anything I can do about Argosy University for trying to make me pay after them not applying my financial aid?

Turtle Lake, WI |
Filed under: Education law

I had attended Argosy University and had processed my financial aid to help pay for tuition and other related costs. I was half way through a semester and they still hadn't applied my financial aid to my account. When asked about it I was told that they were having a hard time with financial aid, because there headquarters had moved and to give it sometime. A bit later my husband and I went down to the local campus and brought ours concerns to there attention. Again they claimed that they were backed up. I told them that I had processed my financial aid about a month before even starting classes. They said it didn't matter and that everyone was going to have to wait until they were gotten to. A friend of mine applied and was received practically immediately financial aid and all.

You have not given enough information for a meaningful answer. Ask an education attorney in your community and supply them with your enrollment documents and their financial aid brochure for the semester in question.

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law