Is there anything a parent can do about a teacher grading unfairly? My son's teacher dislikes him and is a bully!

Asked 7 months ago - Plymouth, IN

The work being graded is subjective writing assignments. No true rhyme or reason as to why the papers are graded the way they are.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

Answered . You can always take the issue up the internal ladder of the school's administration. It may be that the school officials themselves have doubts about the skills or judgment of this teacher, and it may be that your issue and complaint will receive an open-minded hearing.

2. Golnar Sargeant

Answered . I don't see any facts regarding bullying and nothing you state is actionable under the law. Writing assignments are usually subjective and therefore, the grading is subjective depending on what the teacher likes. It's not illegal. You can go through the internal grievance procedures of the school. If this is a public school and he's a member of the teacher's union, he's not going anywhere.