Is there anything illegal about gifting.

Asked about 1 year ago - Gainesville, FL

I'm considering joining a gifting group where we invite people to join and I don't want to be involved if there's the slightest chance of it being illegal.

1. Marci Dana Silver

Best Answer

Answered . If you don't want to be involved because there's a slightest chance of it being illegal, I would say don't join one. I don't think that gifting groups are illegal necessarily but several of them may contain illegal behavior or prey upon well meaning people. It seems these are pyramid schemes generally and may not be legitimate in many cases. If it something you are still interested in doing, do your homework and if something seems to good to believe, it generally is.

2. Lucas Style Lanasa

1

Answered . It would be impossible to tell you whether involvement in a particular group is illegal without knowing exactly what it is that they do. Gifting groups/activities alone are legal, but may be illegal depending on the structure and scheme that they employ.

3. Michael Adam Haber

Pro

Answered . What on Earth is a "gifting group"?