Is there anyone who can get me compensation?

New Hampton, IA |
Filed under: Medical malpractice

I had the Mirena IUD taken out back in 2012. It was removed normally even though it was embedded in my uteran wall. It caused me to have toxic shock syndrome and to be in the hospital. Its over 2 years later and I can't get pregnant. Even though nothing surgically was done I've had these complications and I should be compensated for it. I'm tired of being told no just because it wasn't surgically removed. I wanted to have one more child and I can't. I deserve compensation for all the complications it caused me and the mental stress. there has to be someone out there to help me.

1. Maybe, but this is not the way to look for him/her. Look for an attorney locally who handles malpractice, or use the Find a Lawyer tool here on Avvo.

The comments listed here are of a general nature and should not be understood to create a formal attorney-client relationship -- that is, I am not, and I cannot give you legal advice here. I am licensed in Iowa and to become your attorney, I need to understand the particular facts and circumstances of your legal question and, in all likelihood, need to either meet with you personally or in a fairly detailed conference call.

2. Your facts are not clear and the rules of this site do not permit us to respond to a general solicitation. I would suggest using the AVVO "Find a Lawyer" function or contacting your local bar association to find an experienced medical malpractice/ products liability attorney ASAP as I am sure the statute of limitations must be running.

In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating, and carefully read the AVVO disclaimer regarding their rating system. There are certain factors that are given great weight which do not necessarily have any bearing on an attorney's experience, abilities, and results with certain types of cases. Accordingly, the rating numbers can be misleading. Also beware of basing your choice on the fee charged, as a low fee, depending on the skill, experience and determination of the specific attorney handling your case, could actually have an inverse relationship to the amount actually put in your pocket.