Is there anyone out there who believes in justice? Who REALLY cares what is in the best interest of the child? I NEED YOUR HELP!

Asked over 2 years ago - Boynton Beach, FL

For last year, I have been legally bullied and held legal hostage by my daughter’s father, his attorney , and his wife, who is also an attorney. My daughter’s father has told me his plan is to “Run me into the streets.” His current wife seems to be extremely jealous of both me and my disabled daughter. My daughter’s father’s wife wants revenge because I will not retract an abuse report against my daughter’s father which led to his arrest 2003 and resulted in their inability to adopt a child. When my daughter visits her father, not only is his current wife abusive but my daughter’s father fails to take any actions to protect his own daughter.

This is not about me; it is about a beautiful child who already has the cards stacked against her. Please don’t let us be a statistic!!! Help us!!!

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Robert Lincoln

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . If you need an attorney and can't afford one, try contacting legal aid of Palm Beach County

    Depending on your daughter's needs and the complexity of the situation, you might consider asking to have a guardian ad litem appointed for her. Palm Beach County's program can be found at

  2. Barry Franklin Poulson

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need an attorney of your own. You can find a family law attorney by AVVO search or in local ads. Call a couple, discuss fees, and hire the one you like Bring your retainer to the first meeting. Your attorney can work to protect you and the child. This is no battle to enter alone.

    We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I... more

Related Topics

Best interests of the child and custody

The factors that go into assessing the best interests of the child in a custody case include a history of properly caring for a child and financial stability.

April Marie Townsend

Testimony in Custody Cases

The standard for custody determinations in Pennsylvania is the "best interests of the child." Accordingly, when proceeding with a custody matter, it is important totake testimony from... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,951 answers this week

2,847 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,951 answers this week

2,847 attorneys answering