Is there anybody out there that will take on Federal workman's comp.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Vancouver, WA

My girlfriend was injured on the job, working for the federal govt. Has had multiple back surgeries ( to include getting cages in her spine) and is in need of another surgery more cages, the physical, emotional, and financial pain has been devastating. Not to mention getting kicked when your down, the Department of Labor has fought her every step of the way. She has never been compensated for her severe injury and she was terminated from her job because of it.
Her legs go numb all the time, she is always in pain, and she suffers everyday. The impact that this injury has had on her life is so unfair and unjust, that there has to be some re-course.
Any advice would be greatly Appreciated.

Additional information

The injury originally took place back in 2003 or 2004, she was working for the TSA.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool to find one in your city.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755
  2. Larry Alan Apfelbaum

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Our firm refers all Fed WC to Alan Shaipro's firm in Ohio. I dont have his contact information am sure he can be fond on Avvo or using Google.

    I am licensed to practice law only in Illinois. Any advice that I render is for general information purposes and... more
  3. George Ellis Corson IV

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . She was probably terminated for an inability to do her job since 2004, rather than filing a claim.

    We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY... more

Related Topics

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Work-related personal injuries

Employees can sue for damages if they’ve suffered work-related injuries. These lawsuits are separate from workers’ compensation and cover more kinds of injury.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,603 answers this week

2,831 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,603 answers this week

2,831 attorneys answering