Is there anybody in Michigan experienced in annulment?

Rochester, MI |

I'm looking for an attorney to handle my case. Would like to know details with regard to physical incapacity. Thank you very much for your attention.

1. To qualify for an Annulment in Michigan, one must meet one of several statutory grounds, which include, but are not limited to: 1) bigamy; and 2) marriage to a close relative; and 3) one party is incompetent or insane; and 4) fraud or force was involved. I offer free initial consults; please feel free to call me at 248-606-5522. I have concentrated in Family Law for over 16 years. Warmest regards, Matt Catchick.

2. Note that physical incapacity does not appear in the list my colleague provided. Fortunately, Michigan is a no-fault state, and so a divorce is simple and inexpensive to obtain.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

3. I have, since 1976, had entered only one civil annulment. Others have attempted, but really were only qualified for a divorce. They are very rare, but not difficult, as they are rarely long term. You are welcome to call.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .

4. Hi, I would be glad to discuss it with you. In my many years of specializing in all aspects of family law I have handled several annulments. I can be reached at 248 594-3444

Henry Gornbein

5. As you can see, there are many lawyers are familiar with annulment. You may want to interview several lawyers so that you can pick the one with whom you are most comfortable.
    This will also give you an opportunity to figure out whether you would qualify for an annulment. If you do not, you can consider whether separate maintenance or a divorce is appropriate in your case.
    If you would like to discuss this with me, my phone number is (810) 664-1388.

I am licensed to practice law in Michigan and Virginia and regularly handle cases of this sort. You should not rely on this answer. You should consult a lawyer so you can tell the lawyer the entire situation and get legal advice that is precisely tailored to your case.

6. I agree with my colleagues. Unless you are squarely within the annulment statute you are looking at a no-fault divorce. I have represented a highly religious partyand the court required a no-fault divorce even when both parties agree to an annulment. Unfortunately you have an uphill battle.