Skip to main content

Is there any way to work in the US on B1/B2 visa???

Porter, TX |

Can I apply I-765 form?

my wife is a US permanent resident, and I have two US children.... but they said it will take more than 3 years until i get a green card if I apply the green card application ... what is the best deal here?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    You can't work on the B1B2.

    How long has your wife been a green card holder?

  2. A full consultation with an excellent immigration attorney is needed. Several more pieces of information will be required to answer all your questions. Search Avvo; seek someone with a lot of experience.

    If you are asking whether you can apply for the EAD (employment authorization document) through the I-765 without an underlying application to adjust or some other valid process the answer is no. There is a common misconception that work authorization is independent of another valid process or status. You have to apply for some valid status first and then you can apply for EAD-the process is different depending on which type of application you file. What application process that may be will have to be determine in a consultation with an attorney.

    Good luck

    No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.

  3. No.

    Options depend on facts. You really need to meet one on one with an experienced immigration attorney, whether myself or one of my colleagues, so that he/she can review all your documents and facts in order to determine what your options are.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics