Is there any way to work in the US on B1/B2 visa???

Can I apply I-765 form? my wife is a US permanent resident, and I have two US children.... but they said it will take more than 3 years until i get a green card if I apply the green card application ... what is the best deal here?

Porter, TX -

Mark Robert Barr

Mark Robert Barr

Immigration Attorney - Denver, CO

You can't work on the B1B2.

How long has your wife been a green card holder?

Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

A full consultation with an excellent immigration attorney is needed. Several more pieces of information will be required to answer all your questions. Search Avvo; seek someone with a lot of experience.

If you are asking whether you can apply for the EAD (employment authorization document) through the I-765 without an underlying application to adjust or some other valid process the answer is no. There is a common misconception that work authorization is independent of another valid process or status. You have to apply for some valid status first and then you can apply for EAD-the process is different depending on which type of application you file. What application process that may be will have to be determine in a consultation with an attorney.

Good luck

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

No.

Options depend on facts. You really need to meet one on one with an experienced immigration attorney, whether myself or one of my colleagues, so that he/she can review all your documents and facts in order to determine what your options are.