Is there any way to stop collecting on current and back child support to help father get his driver's license back

Asked about 6 years ago - Virginia

I am wanting stop all current and arrears child support my son's father has to pay and help him get his driver's license back. Does anyone know if this can be done and how? Also done cheapily if possible.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Peter Christopher Lomtevas


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . This is answer is based upon CSSA and Bradley Amendment law that applies nationally.

    You have the power to file a support petition and waive all arrears and set support to zero. Although a judge cannot retroactively waive arrears, you can.

    It costs nothing more than to file a petition, appear in court and tell the jurist you want arrears waived and support set to zero.

    The order will go through the enforcement system quickly and he will be restored to normalcy.

Related Topics

Child support arrears

Child support arrears refers to support payments that are past due. There are several available options for collecting (or repaying) unpaid child support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,695 answers this week

2,969 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,695 answers this week

2,969 attorneys answering