Is there any way to stop collecting on current and back child support to help father get his driver's license back

Asked almost 6 years ago - Virginia

I am wanting stop all current and arrears child support my son's father has to pay and help him get his driver's license back. Does anyone know if this can be done and how? Also done cheapily if possible.

1. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

1

1

Answered . This is answer is based upon CSSA and Bradley Amendment law that applies nationally.

You have the power to file a support petition and waive all arrears and set support to zero. Although a judge cannot retroactively waive arrears, you can.

It costs nothing more than to file a petition, appear in court and tell the jurist you want arrears waived and support set to zero.

The order will go through the enforcement system quickly and he will be restored to normalcy.