Is there any way to lower the time sentenced on an aggravated robbery charge if they took a plea deal?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

They were sentenced to 25 years, first felony and first time in prison. His lawyer at the time was woking against him and was dishonest about the amount of time that would be served if he took the plea. By the time he was able to get another lawyer it was too late. Is there anything that can be done to get his sentenced reduced?

Additional information

He is 6 years into his sentence

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Macy Michelle Jaggers


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to consult an appellate attorney. His only options are an appeal, or if his time to appeal has expired, a writ of habeas corpus.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers... more
  2. Bart Charles Craytor

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Chances are probably not. Aggravated Robbery is a very serious charge, even as a first offense. If the initial lawyer was dishonest, then there exists a possibility of having the conviction overturned and set for re-hearing. But be careful what you ask for, the DA may want more than 25 years. Especially if their have been some behavior issues while incarcerated the last six years. Good Luck

    Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,290 answers this week

2,881 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,290 answers this week

2,881 attorneys answering