Is there any way to get USCIS to move more quickly on my N600 application (it's been over one year since I applied)?

Mission Viejo, CA |

I applied for a certificate of citizenship for my two daughters (then aged 9 and 11). They were legally adopted in Liberia, and entered the US via an IR-4 visa in February 2008.

In August 2008 we completed final adoption/re-adoption in the US (Illinois).

In August 2012 I applied for Certificates of Citizenship for both of them (Santa Ana California is our local office). In February 2013 we were scheduled for an interview. After showing up, we were told that they did not have the files and would have to order them. Seven months later, there still has been no action. I made two service requests (useless) and one InfoPass appointment (equally useless).

What else can I do?

Be represented by a competent and experienced immigration lawyer. That's what you should do.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I'm an attorney, albeit with limited immigration experience. I know enough to understand the forms and figure out what needs to be done to file the paperwork. What exactly would an immigration attorney provide to expedite the process?

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Unfortunately, by just being an attorney and not being an immigration attorney you are placed at an even great disadvantage than those who are lay persons.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration law is highly specialized in its strategy and tactics, which only a seasoned immigration lawyer practicing in that jurisdiction will know. The personal connections to the district also help.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Last, but Not least, every experienced immigration lawyer knows that a Mandamus action in federal court can always be filed if everything else fails. Sometimes the mere threat of that by picking up the phone to the local US attorney, with whom you have decades of good relations and mutual respect resolves the case within days..

Attempt another Infopass and keep following up.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

No.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Get a good immigration lawyer

www.Bulgarianimmigrationlawyer.com

www.Immigration-lawyer-NJ.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630