Skip to main content

Is there any way to get someone's bond reduced.

Anderson, SC |

A family member's bond was set high due to him already being on bond when he received a second offense for possession. Is there any way to get the bond reduced. He has applied for a public defender but has not spoken to this person yet. I was told it might be two more weeks before the public defender will contact him. I was also told this case may not go to trial for 8 months and he will have to stay in lock-up until then. I have contacted a rehab. facility which is willing to take him and I hate to wait 8 mos.

Attorney Answers 1


You can always try to get bond reduced. His attorney should approach the judge about getting the bond reduced. It is up to the judge to make the decision.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics