Skip to main content

Is there any way to get off house arrest early without having to be placed back on probation?

Owens Cross Roads, AL |

I was put on house arrest for violating probation, my attorney worked it out with the D.A that I would do 6 months but when I went to court the Judge had to sentence me to my prison time which is 9 months. I have been on house arrest 5 months now and have been attending community college, got my certificate from an mrt drug program, and have passed every drug screen. Is there anything my attorney could do to get my off house arrest at 6 months without having to go back to probation?

Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Surely you don't think that any of us lawyers have the cajones to second guess your attorney. This is a matter that your lawyer is best equipped to handle. He knows your case. He knows your judge. He knows your DA. None of us knows any of that stuff! It would be the height of arrogance for us to recommend stuff to your lawyer unless he asked us for some help. There might be nothing he can do, but ask him. Sorry. This space is good to get a general idea about a problem, or a starting point for handling something. It's not very good for getting a second opinion. Good luck.


You should ask your attorney. Depending on which court in Madison County, some judges will do if you file motion for early release from probation. Some judges won't consider it. Your attorney should be able to answer it.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.



Thank you sir.


you need to communicate openly with your attorney.

Answer is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship.


You need to speak to your attorney. I don't believe you can get scott-free of both house arrest and probation.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer