Is there any way to get off house arrest early without having to be placed back on probation?

Asked 4 months ago - Owens Cross Roads, AL

I was put on house arrest for violating probation, my attorney worked it out with the D.A that I would do 6 months but when I went to court the Judge had to sentence me to my prison time which is 9 months. I have been on house arrest 5 months now and have been attending community college, got my certificate from an mrt drug program, and have passed every drug screen. Is there anything my attorney could do to get my off house arrest at 6 months without having to go back to probation?

Thank you

1. William Edward Scully Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . Surely you don't think that any of us lawyers have the cajones to second guess your attorney. This is a matter that your lawyer is best equipped to handle. He knows your case. He knows your judge. He knows your DA. None of us knows any of that stuff! It would be the height of arrogance for us to recommend stuff to your lawyer unless he asked us for some help. There might be nothing he can do, but ask him. Sorry. This space is good to get a general idea about a problem, or a starting point for handling something. It's not very good for getting a second opinion. Good luck.

2. Randy William Ferguson

1

Answered . You should ask your attorney. Depending on which court in Madison County, some judges will do if you file motion for early release from probation. Some judges won't consider it. Your attorney should be able to answer it.

3. Randall Blake Tolley

1

Answered . You need to speak to your attorney. I don't believe you can get scott-free of both house arrest and probation.

4. William W Housley

Pro

Answered . you need to communicate openly with your attorney.

Answer is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship.