Is there any way to get help with this ticket?

Hello I am 16 and I've received a traffic citation for 79/55. I was clocked by a Georgia State Patrol officer with a Genesis 1 Radar. The ticket stated that the radar was calibrated less than ten minutes prior to the ticket being written which isn't possible. The officer was traveling around a corner very near to the bumper of another car when I was clocked. Also I was told when I walked back to talk to the officer that I was actually traveling 77mph. The road had no traffic on it, and it was clear sunny day. If you'd like any more information just ask, but I know for a fact that I wasn't speeding. The officer stated his reason for ticketing me was "to teach a lesson." Considering that I am only 16 and the law states that at 24mph over I am at risk of having my license suspended....

Nicholls, GA -

Hassan Hussein Elkhalil

Hassan Hussein Elkhalil

Criminal Defense Attorney - Atlanta, GA

There is no question. You can dispute the officer determination in court. Yes, considering your age, your license will be suspended if convicted.

Good luck

Elkhalil Law Firm, LLC
Hassan Elkhalil
www.greencardusa.com
(770) 612-3499

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational and educational use only. This answer does not creat attroney-client relationship. For more details, I recommend a private consultation with an immigration lawyer.

Sponsored Listing
Musa Munir Ghanayem

Musa Munir Ghanayem

Criminal Defense Attorney - Atlanta, GA

Your license will be suspended if you plead guilty to this charge, you need to hire an attorney to negotiate on your behalf. Nothing that you've stated mitigates the offense, in fact it makes it more contentious which is not beneficial to you at all.

My office mate is the Traffic King, I would call him. Scott Fortas

Related Advice

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.