Is there any way to get a CSC charge off your record?

Howell, MI |
Filed under: Criminal conviction

I was convicted of a 3rd degree csc assalt with intent to penetrate in 2005. Made one mistake and now i have to deal with all kinds of things from everyone around me so I was just wondering if there is any way i can get it off my record.

Probably not.

Unfortunately the answer is No. Only CSC in the fourth degree can be expunged or set aside. CSC in the first, second, or third degrees cannot be expunged.

No.

The above response is general information ONLY and is not legal advice, does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should NOT be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.

Would it be redundant if I answered no? Good luck...

No, csc is permanent, unless you are charged as a minor for one of the lower charges.

My answer should be construed as general information only and it should not be considered legal advice. No attorney-client relationship with me has been created until I have signed a retainer agreement. Please contact my office at 616-698-0000 for a free initial consultation. www.clickforhoward.com

You might be able to file a motion for relief from judgment, seeking a new trial. If the motion wins, and you then win the new trial, or the case is dismissed, then the csc would no longer be on your record. You could also seek a pardon from the governor.

You and I do not have an attorney-client relationship formed by our communications on this website. Comments made by me on this website are general advice based on partial information. You should not rely on any advice given without first hiring a lawyer in the area where the case is pending, and providing that lawyer with full information.