Is there any way to get a CSC charge off your record?

Asked 12 months ago - Howell, MI

I was convicted of a 3rd degree csc assalt with intent to penetrate in 2005. Made one mistake and now i have to deal with all kinds of things from everyone around me so I was just wondering if there is any way i can get it off my record.

Attorney answers (6)

  1. David B. Carter Jr.


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Probably not.

  2. Jared Clayton Austin

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Unfortunately the answer is No. Only CSC in the fourth degree can be expunged or set aside. CSC in the first, second, or third degrees cannot be expunged.

  3. Robert E. Harris Jr.

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No.

    The above response is general information ONLY and is not legal advice, does not form an attorney-client... more
  4. Jan Jeffrey Rubinstein

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Would it be redundant if I answered no? Good luck...

  5. Howard G. Van Den Heuvel


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . No, csc is permanent, unless you are charged as a minor for one of the lower charges.

    My answer should be construed as general information only and it should not be considered legal advice. No... more
  6. James S. Lawrence

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . You might be able to file a motion for relief from judgment, seeking a new trial. If the motion wins, and you then win the new trial, or the case is dismissed, then the csc would no longer be on your record. You could also seek a pardon from the governor.

    You and I do not have an attorney-client relationship formed by our communications on this website. Comments made... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,877 answers this week

3,472 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,877 answers this week

3,472 attorneys answering