Is there any way to expedite the petition faster? Or short time not years?

Asked 12 months ago - Honolulu, HI

My husband petition my son as single in 2004. We received a letter to pay for affidavit of support, but my don got married in 2011. Now NVC sent by email to pay $230 for immigration visa for my son and his wife as well as the marriage contract and the naturalization of the Petitioner (my husband). My husband got his naturalization this year April. We submitted all the document by mail, July 12, 2013. What is the next step and how many days, months we're going to wait for approval ? ( from single F2 to married)?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . You need to be patient and await further instructions from NVC. Will take about 1-2 months to receive the immigrant visa application instructions (Form DS-230). There is no way to expedite. You are nearing the end after all these years. Be patient. If you get impatient, can always call NVC's public inquiry line. Their operators are very courteous and knowledgeable and will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

2. John Robert Egan

Pro

3

Answered . It looks like you are moving forward, but your case is complicated by the parties changes in status, and I recommend that you consult an experienced attorney to make sure everything is on track.

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . Priority dates cannot be expedited.