Skip to main content

Is there any way to expedite processing of the Naturalization application (Form N-400) for the purposes of joining the Navy?

San Antonio, TX |

I am joining the Navy, however, my military paperwork cannot be processed until my citizenship is complete. I would like to know if there is anything I can do to make this process much faster.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Best answer

    Take a look at the fifth point down here:

    You may be able to get a letter from your recruiter making the request.

  2. Usually no. Only if you are actually already in the military can they expedite it. You can join and then see if they can expedite it...

  3. Possibly, if the DOD requests it.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  4. Unfortunately there is nothing you could do.
    Sent on the SprintĀ® Now Network from my BlackBerry

    Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. Legal Disclaimer: This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

  5. Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)

    713-772-2300. All information provided is general in nature. Please consult with an immigration attorney with full details of the case.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics