Skip to main content

Is there any way to be released from dui/drug court without having to serve remainder of probation in jail?

Athens, GA |

Considering absconding if there is no other option, but afraid of consequences

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There's always a possibility, but you should definitely hire an attorney familiar with the judge and the dui/drug court in your area to assist you. Absconding will only make the problem worse, as you'll likely serve the time latter. Contact a local attorney ASAP who can help.


dui court if completed in certian jurisdictions may end the need for probation. typically the term of the dui court is 18 to 24 months. this amount of time may complete you jail and probation obligations.

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer