Is there any way the USCIS might approve an I130, after sending an intent to deny letter?

Asked over 1 year ago - Canton, MI

I got a letter of intent to deny my I 130 petition for the 2nd time, even though I got a BIA decision to remand the case a year ago. They are accusing my husband of entering in a sham previous marriage. I need to know if there are any cases similar to mine and what are my chances of winning if I appeal it?

1. Gintare Grigaite

7

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, provided the response is very well prepared. Having an experienced immigration attorney may greatly assist in this case.

2. Karen-Lee Pollak

8

1

Answered . USCIS may approve the I130 if you can produce sufficient evidence to show it was not a sham marriage. I would advise you to hire an attorney to help you.

3. Dinara Maylov

6

1

Answered . Yes if you address all the issues of concern which is hard to do without an attorney. If his marriage was indeed sham and they can prove it, you have a problem. If it was not, you should try and address why you believe it was not. The burden is on your husband once they had enough prima facie evidence to show that it was likely so.

4. Michael Hugh Carlin

3

1

Answered . There is certainly a possibility of success, but sometimes USCIS can be stubborn on cases like this. I strongly suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney about the case. Best of luck to you.

5. Russell Reid Abrutyn

Pro

3

Answered . With good counsel it might be winnable depending on the facts.

6. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . Yes, if the grounds for the intended denial are overcome.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.