Is there any way i can get a restricted drivers license in illinois while i try paying off my civil judgements

Asked over 2 years ago - Blue Island, IL

I'm trying to get my driver license back or restricted driver license to get back and for to work but I have these civil judgements against me and I'm trying to work with creditors but get no head way.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You have a safety responsibility suspension(s). If the creditors will note accept a payment plan, you may need to file bankruptcy which will wipe out the suspensions.

  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Some civil judgments cannot be discharged in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy to qualify for a clean slate for your respective driving privilege reinstatement you seek. First consult with a good bankruptcy attorney on the possibility of a discharge of those outstanding financial liabilities.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more
  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You really need to sit down with a bankruptcy attorney. Good luck.

    Charles Schierer
    1-312-888-5832 You may hire our firm by calling 1-312-888-5832. Personal Injury cases on a... more

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

License suspension for traffic tickets

License suspension is one type of traffic violation penalty, usually imposed for serious traffic violations or for repeated minor violations.

James Alexander Abate

Driving While Suspended 39:3-40

Driving is a privilege most individuals take for granted. If your license is suspended, you may not operate a motor vehicle. Too often I meet individuals who have their lives ruined because... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

37,212 answers this week

3,927 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

37,212 answers this week

3,927 attorneys answering