Is there any way I can avoid being deported

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I'm permanent resident,but my card has been expired since 2010.i got probation for a felony drug case. My probation was revoked and I stopped reporting..it's been a few years since then and I was able to find an attorney that can help me get back on probation. I was told when I turn my self in to begin the process of getting back on probation that I would get an immigration hold on me. My question is ,if there is any way I can avoid being deported ?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . If you were convicted on a felony drug case, you should immediately schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney, and show him the record of conviction.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Alejandro E. Garcia

Pro

2

Best Answer

Answered . You need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney. You might be eligible to cancel your deportation and keep your green card, but it depends on what the criminal charge is, when it happened, how long you've been a resident, and the rest of your immigrarion/criminal history.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

2

Answered . Drug convictions generally cause removal and detention without bond. You may be eligible for cancellation of removal. You may also want to review your conviction and determine if there is any avenue available to reopen it. Hire are lawyer today to get started on the processes.