Is there any tax consequent when a non us citizen, reside in other country, want to give her only property to us citizen?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pittsburg, CA

My name is Hengki, I am a US citizen. My very close and childhood friend, Josy, bought a property in Pittsburg, California. Up to now, I live in that property. She herself is not a US citizen or green card holder. She reside in other country. She want to make property gift deed to me. Is there any tax consequent? Where I can get help to make the deed? thank you

1. J Charles Ferrari

2

1

Answered . This is a tax question, not an immigration one even though placed in the immigration practice area and tagged as an immigration question. I am therefore changing the practice area and deleting the tag.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

3. Stephen D. Berman

2

1

Answered . You should contact an accountant with that question.

4. Todd Matthew Heine

1

1

Answered . You will likely have some tax consequences. The gift is real property in the US from a non-resident and non-citizen. If you dig through the IRS's Code, you will likely find the provisions on taxation of gifts of US real property. If you need help finding those provisions, get in touch with a CPA or tax attorney.