Is there any risk of re-filing AR-11 after 2.5 years online?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

Hello there,

I actually came to NJ as new immigrant, after a week or 2 I moved to NY in October 2010. Then, I posted the form AR-11 at the time of moving as a regular mail but didn't receive any confirmation from USCIS as I was unaware at that time that they post back the confirmation of change of address. Now I was just browsing uscis website as my husband's i-130 petition is pending, read there that USCIS sends out the confirmation of change of address, here I need your advice, should I file AR-11 again for the same address online that I filed for in late 2010 via unregistered post? Will it bring any trouble for me or my husband's petition or in Naturalization?

Thanking in advance and looking forward to a detailed response.


Attorney answers (2)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Yes, go ahead and file another change of address online.

    Doing so now will not jeopardize your husband's petition or a future application for naturalization.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . The greater risk would be if you do not file.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,611 answers this week

3,296 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,611 answers this week

3,296 attorneys answering