Is there any risk of re-filing AR-11 after 2.5 years online?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

Hello there,

I actually came to NJ as new immigrant, after a week or 2 I moved to NY in October 2010. Then, I posted the form AR-11 at the time of moving as a regular mail but didn't receive any confirmation from USCIS as I was unaware at that time that they post back the confirmation of change of address. Now I was just browsing uscis website as my husband's i-130 petition is pending, read there that USCIS sends out the confirmation of change of address, here I need your advice, should I file AR-11 again for the same address online that I filed for in late 2010 via unregistered post? Will it bring any trouble for me or my husband's petition or in Naturalization?

Thanking in advance and looking forward to a detailed response.

Regards.

Yes, go ahead and file another change of address online.

Doing so now will not jeopardize your husband's petition or a future application for naturalization.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

The greater risk would be if you do not file.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Successfully filed AR-11 form online. Got the reference number.