Is there any problem to sponsor another person between the same year?

San Bernardino, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

My husband has been ask to sponsor(joint sponsor) in the beggining of this year to my sister-in-law (my brother's wife) he's a very hard working man but not suficient income big family. Couple of months after that for my niece (same brother ask again for oldest daughter) and couple of months after my sister ask him to sponsor her husband. We have a decent income but still struggling. And because of his income that is way family members come to us for help. Besides the obligations of becoming a sponsor, Is there any problem for him to help them and such short period of time because this will be his third and last. We have asked other people and they said there is no problem but we want to know from experienced attorneys. As much as we want to help them we don't want to be on any problem?

1. This is really a personal decision for you and your husband to make.
    If he is able to sponsor all these people then he is making good money.
    Do you have children?
    Discuss this together and find a way forward that is not burdensome or create problems for your family in the future.
    You are welcome to use the link provided below.
    Goodluck

2. If your husband earns above the poverty guidelines he can sponsor another person at any time.

3. You can view the poverty guidelines at the link provided below. As long as you meet them for your family size (include the immigrant), then you are eligible. If you are eligible, then it is your personal decision about whether to proceed.