Is there any pro bono tenant/landlord attorneys in Antelope valley?

Asked over 4 years ago - Lancaster, CA

i withheld rent due to landlord not doing repairs. City inspector involved also, they were given 7 violations just on my trailer. I then was served UD papers which I went to court yesterday. Verdict was I am to vacate by April 26 and not pay any money that i withheld. Can I now sue the LL for relocation,court fees etc. I have a severe mold problem and LL is aware, and he refused to do anything . I recieve SSI and 2 1/2 wks is just not long enough to find a place.

1. Brian H. Nomi

Pro

Answered . The Los Angeles County Bar Association will put you in touch with a pro-bono, or low-bono attorney that can help you. You will need to qualify on income and need.

But yes, there are many fine attorneys who donate pro bono time. The bar might even have some "emeritus" (older, retired folks) who can asssist for free. Good luck!