Is there any possibility that my greencard renewal application to be rejected?

Falls Church, VA |
Filed under: Green cards

I have green card since 2005 through family. My card expire in 2015. I had come to USA only for visit ( 20 days )during 2005 to 2012 .
Now I am staying in USA.
Do my green card renewal application to be rejected since I hadn't stay?

That is a very strong possibility. You should be working with an attorney to see if you can navigate through this.

Niren & Associates
(toll free) 1-866-929-0991
(local) 416-410-7484
Offices in Toronto and Buffalo

Legal disclaimer: For specific advice on your case, Mr. Minawi can be reached at 1-866-929-0991 ext. 206 or by answer does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Yes, that is a very real possibility. As a permanent resident, you are expected to LIVE the majority of the time in the US.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Possibly if you have been out of hte uSA for more htan a year at a time or even in some cases more than 6 months at a time and you have not filed annual tax returns. Consult an attorney to determine if you may have abandoned your green card

Possibly, discuss with immigration lawyer

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

Recommended articles about Immigration