Is there any legal way for my wife to find out if i flew overseas?

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

We are unoficially separated and I'm wondering if she can find out if I took recent trips overseas

1. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

7

1

Best Answer

Answered . Within the context of a divorce case, she (through her attorney) can demand copies of your passport as well as copies of your bank account statements. In that way, she can piece together what trips you've taken recently. She also has the option of deposing you & having her attorney ask you the direct question under oath. I'd advise to schedule a free consultation with a NYC Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

8

1

Answered . Your wife in a divorce action can see your passport and all your recent financial records including money spent on a trip.

3. Jay Bodzin

4

1

Answered . I don't believe there's any publicly-accessible national registry of airline flyers, if that's what you mean. But if your wife has access to any of your bank accounts, she could see any expenses paid for there - plane tickets, or purchases made in other countries. And, of course, she could ask people.

Furthermore, if and when you two do divorce, she'll have the right to review your financial records in the course of the case, to ensure a fair property distribution under your state's laws. (You'll have the same right against her.) It's likely to come out eventually.

Please read the following notice:

4. Peter J Weinman

Pro

2

Answered . Phone records, (roaming charges), social networking posts that include location, and photos with GPS tags could sometimes give this away, in addition to what the others already pointed out.

5. Jeffrey S Johnson

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with counsel. Further, she can set you up by asking you under oath if you traveled overseas, record your answer and then present your passport and financial records to the court to show that you perjured yourself.