Is there any legal action we can take against are past landlord.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Elk Grove Village, IL

Are lease was up and are landlord gave us a five day notice. We had some disagreements but moved out over a month ago. i received a call from my kids school. Turns out the landlord called to find out if my kids go to school there still. They did not tell her but she went on to say she evicted us and that the reason was the new tenant has kids and she did not want it to be a problem with 2 people using the same address. There is no one living in the home. She did this to make us look bad to be vindictive and mean. Can we take any legal action against her.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . I do not see this as giving rise to a lawsuit.

The landlord owner has a responsibility to make sure the correct address is tied to the correct renters at the local school.

2. Judy A. Goldstein

1

Answered . It does not appear that your complaint would rise to the level of a lawsuit.

As a side note - regardless for the reason your former landlord gave to the school, it appears the school protected your privacy even if the landlord was trying to get you in trouble.