Is there any lawyer that will take on a 38 year old criminal case?

Asked 10 months ago - Fayetteville, NC

Someone was set up for this crime and past lawyers won't do anything about it. There was no DNA and the so call evidence was lost. Haven't seen the parents and are passed now, also has missed out all the family gatherings. This one has done nothing wrong and is a model inmate working as a TA.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Anna Morrison Goodwin


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You may want to contact the Innocence Project - a number of law schools work directly with attorneys on cases with questions like this.

  2. Robert Jason De Groot


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Use the find a lawyer tool on this site to locate someone. Attorneys are not going to just say, oh I will take that case. A complete review is necessary, of everything, before an opinion can be made about what to do.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I... more
  3. Raushanah Fadqua Rodgers


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . As suggested by other attorneys, your best bet would be to contact the Innocence Project. That organization has a whole staff of lawyers, law students, investigators and supporting assistants devoted to researching evidence to support exoneration of the wrongfully convicted. Try to give them a ring.

    Be sure to enjoy your New Year!

    The response to your question was prepared by the Law Offices of Raushanah F. Rodgers, PLLC for informational... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,220 answers this week

2,895 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,220 answers this week

2,895 attorneys answering