Is there any lawyer that will take on a 38 year old criminal case?

Fayetteville, NC |

Someone was set up for this crime and past lawyers won't do anything about it. There was no DNA and the so call evidence was lost. Haven't seen the parents and are passed now, also has missed out all the family gatherings. This one has done nothing wrong and is a model inmate working as a TA.

Use the find a lawyer tool on this site to locate someone. Attorneys are not going to just say, oh I will take that case. A complete review is necessary, of everything, before an opinion can be made about what to do.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.

You may want to contact the Innocence Project - a number of law schools work directly with attorneys on cases with questions like this.

As suggested by other attorneys, your best bet would be to contact the Innocence Project. That organization has a whole staff of lawyers, law students, investigators and supporting assistants devoted to researching evidence to support exoneration of the wrongfully convicted. Try to give them a ring.

Be sure to enjoy your New Year!

The response to your question was prepared by the Law Offices of Raushanah F. Rodgers, PLLC for informational purposes only. Before you make a decision that may have legal implications, you should consult with a qualified legal professional to obtain specific legal advice tailored to your situation. Our response is not an invitation to enter into nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. Our response may be considered advertising under the North Carolina, New York and or Virginia Rules of Professional Conduct, all of which are applicable to our legal practice.