Is there any law that can struck the civil code "doctrine of res judicata"?

Asked over 1 year ago - Marina Del Rey, CA

I am the plaintiff in a small claim court case. I lost the trial and filed the appeal due to the defendant filed a cross -complaint. The defendant is a lawyer. I lost the appeal due to the Judge's prejudice and discrimination against minority race people. I also had communication problem with the defendant and the Judge due to my poor English. The Judgment is injustice and has a clear error. Is there any law to struck "doctrine of res judicata" due to above reasons. So I can file a civil lawsuit with my lawyer against the defendant.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Herb Fox

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Actual discriminatory bias by the judge is easy to allege but very difficult to prove. It is the job of the judge to believe one side and disbelieve the other side, and the losing side often feels that he or she was "discriminated" against, but that is not the case.
    If you have actual evidence of prejudice and discrimination - something more than a "belief" - you can filed a complaint against the judge with the California Council on Judicial Performance.
    As for res judicata, please seem my response to your prior question.

    Nothing contained in this communication is intended to be, or shall be deemed as, legal advice, counsel, or... more
  2. Malosack Berjis

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You have already asked this question and received a couple of good reponses.

    This attorney is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,702 answers this week

2,627 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,702 answers this week

2,627 attorneys answering