Is there any law about not recieving the police report before the scheduled hearing

New Hampshire |

i was charged with dui given a hearing date my attorney still had not recieved the police report the day of the hearing

Under NH District Court Rule 2.10 the state provides police reports and other basic information upon filing of the attorney's appearance and Rule 2.10 request. Most New Hampshire police departments do this relatively automatically. However, every now and then one runs into an obstructionist and it may well not be the attorney's fault at all.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.

Because I do not practice in NH, I agree with the first answer. Some additional general advice: I got the impression you were hoping the fact the police reports were not yet disclosed may result in a dismissal of your case. In my experience in WI, it sometimes takes several hearings before the police reports are turned over. Generally, you are not going to get a dismissal. unless your attorney moves to compel disclosure of the evidence and the prosecutor still refuses to turn them over.

Good luck!