Is there any kind of limit in California to how many times that i can give a property to my wife ?

Asked over 2 years ago - Tracy, CA

Also I would like to know what the number one reason a person would transfer so many properties to their wife as a " Gift " ? If possible please answer . Thank You

1. Janet Lee Brewer

Pro

6

Answered . Your question is not clear. As to how much property one can give to a spouse, the answer depends in part on whether you and your spouse are 'US citizens or not. There are no federal gift taxes (and no California gift taxes) on gifts from a US citizen spouse to another US citizen spouse. The answer is different for non-citizens.

As to "why" a person would make multiple gifts, the answer would require a lot more information - there may be tax reasons or other reasons prompting the gifts.

2. Michael Charles Doland

3

Answered . I may not understand your question. After you give something away, it is not "yours' to give away again. No one can speculate as to another's generosity, or whether some undue influence is involved.

3. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

2

Answered . Your question requires one to speculate to provide an answer. More information might get you a better answer.