Skip to main content

Is there any help out there for someone who has suffered soft tissue injuries but did not require hospitalization?

San Diego, CA |

The injury occured in a parking lot that was covered by a tarp that hid drepressions that casued my wife to fall. No accident report was filed or any waiver signed releasing liability. My wife was a volunter at a charity event. She sought medical treatment at an urgent care center, her primary care doctor and had to visit to an emergency room when increasing back pain made it difficult to stand, sit ore sleep. She has not received any compensation. We have lost our phone service becaused of the financial costs my injuries so we can not receive phone calls. Email is our only way to communicate.

Attorney Answers 7

  1. There are hundreds of attorneys that will take the case. Use this AVVO website to look for folks that will give you a free consult to discuss the potential claims.

    Good luck!

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

  2. If your wife still has complaints related to the fall she should make sure to get proper diagnostic testing to determine the extent of her injuries (i.e. lumbar MRI for possible disc bulge/herniation). Photos of the scene would be extremely helpful in proving your case. There are time deadlines for claims that must be met if there was a governmental agency at fault for the condition of the property so please consult an attorney ASAP.

    Lederer & Nojima, LLP


  3. It sounds like there may have been a defect/dangerous condition. You should certainly have your case properly evaluated by a local personal injury lawyer. You can contact one by email. Good luck.

    Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755

  4. Contact James Stepovich in San Diego. Good attorney who can explain your options and guide you through the processs.

  5. It depends on your state's statutes, but in Connecticut, I represent clients in these cases on a regular basis. is a great place to find an attorney who can advise you properly.

  6. You may want to e-mail an attorney requesting that he or she drive to your location since you can't use the telephone. More information is needed, but there may be a case. You should act quickly in requesting a consultation from an attorney.

    This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship. This means that I am not your lawyer and I will not appear in court simply by posting on this site. If you would like me to represent you, you must call my office, sign a written fee agreement and pay a legal fee, assuming I do not have a conflict of interest and you are in Southern California. If I respond to your question and you have follow up questions by posting on this site, I may or may not reply. This information should not be construed as legal advice. I am offering my opinion. Each person's case is unique, and that's why you should contact a lawyer over the phone for a consultation for your situation. That's why you should not rely on any response that an attorney posts on this site. I am licensed in California. I am not licensed in another state or country. I do not practice law outside of California.

  7. The fact your wife was not hospitalized most certainly does not mean she can make a claim for injuries. She should document her injuries. Since the procedures and law vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction she should consult an attorney who should agree to handle case on a contingency fee basis. Good luck.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics