Is there any free/low income options to file for divorce in Spokane County.

Asked over 5 years ago - Spokane, WA

Ive never been in this situation before and I have very little money to get this going. i have no idea where to get started or who to contact. This will not be a messy divorce. My husband will sign the papers, we've already split the property and there are no children involved.Weve aggreed that his debt is his and mine is mine. Please help with advice or direction. Thank you.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Thuong-Tri Nguyen

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Most of the mandatory pattern forms for family law proceedings for WA is free at . There are instructions at that site. Click on WA LawHelp for more detailed self-help guides.

    Printed blank forms can be bought at the county's superior courthouse for about $30 a package.

    Most counties have family law facilitators who help fill out forms for no or low cost. Their offices are usually in the superior courthouses.

    Attorneys can help fill out agreed dissolution documents.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,028 answers this week

3,023 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,028 answers this week

3,023 attorneys answering