Is there any form of alcohol/drug testing given at Alcohol Highway Safety School?

Asked over 1 year ago - Doylestown, PA

I'm taking AHSS later this month at The Council of Southeast Pennsylvania located in Doylestown and received a class regulations sheet. My concern is that the first regulation states , "You must be ALCOHOL AND DRUG FREE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE DUI PROGRAM. Random testing may occur. Failure to follow this may be a cause for your dismissal from the program and will be reported to the Probation/Parole Office and/or the District Attorney's Office." I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of any form of alcohol/drug testing ever given at AHSS. Any responses are greatly appreciated and thank you.

1. Robert C. Keller

3

Answered . You should speak with the attorney who represented on this matter. Additionally, out of an abundance of caution you should refrain from injecting any alcohol or drugs while on probation. Good luck.

2. Zachary Cooper

2

Answered . I have never been to any of the AHSS classes so I can't say for certain. It is very important that while you are going through a criminal proceeding you stay free from any drugs and alcohol for the reason you are writing about now. In the past I have seen random tests performed by the probation department. You may want to reach out to an attorney in the county where this occurred so you can further understand how the whole process works. .

3. Jake Kathleen Marcus

1

Answered . You are subject to random drug screening. Really.