IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE OF WITHDRAWL OR DENIEL OF N400 APPLICATION

Asked over 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

I withdrew n400 application during interview with IO because i was unable to prove marital union. my question is what to answer question "have you ever lied to any government official". would the investigation officer pull out my withdrawn n400 information? is there any benefit for withdrawing the application or it would be considered as denial?

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

2. Haroen Calehr

Pro

4

Answered . well, yes there is a benefit. if simply a withdrawal then there is no adverse finding or denial just a withdrawal from you, so if you re-apply again in the future then you have no denial of the previous case. The question about lying to a government official is only applicable if you actually did lie. therefore, if you have a questionable case better to withdraw the case instead of opening a pendora's box.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

Answered . Immigration officers have access to your file, so they could pull out that N400. A withdrawal simply means you chose not to pursue the application. That is much better than a denial which could have negative findings that could impact your future applications.

4. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . A withdrawal is something you do, a denial is something USCIS does.