IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE OF WITHDRAWL OR DENIEL OF N400 APPLICATION

Baltimore, MD |

I withdrew n400 application during interview with IO because i was unable to prove marital union. my question is what to answer question "have you ever lied to any government official". would the investigation officer pull out my withdrawn n400 information? is there any benefit for withdrawing the application or it would be considered as denial?

1. well, yes there is a benefit. if simply a withdrawal then there is no adverse finding or denial just a withdrawal from you, so if you re-apply again in the future then you have no denial of the previous case. The question about lying to a government official is only applicable if you actually did lie. therefore, if you have a questionable case better to withdraw the case instead of opening a pendora's box.

2. Immigration officers have access to your file, so they could pull out that N400. A withdrawal simply means you chose not to pursue the application. That is much better than a denial which could have negative findings that could impact your future applications.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

3. A withdrawal is something you do, a denial is something USCIS does.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova www.shautsova.com www.shautsova.com www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com