Is There Any Chances To Get a Work Visa?

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I am an 43 yrs Old Indian Citizen & I was Got 10 yrs Multiple Visitor Visa With My 2 Sons in December 2009.
We Travelled United States For 5 Months and Returned To Our Home Country.After 2 Months,Our all 3 Visas
Were Revoked Because My Husband Overstayed in United States.Now I Want To Know That 'Is There Any Chances
To Get a Work Visa?'

1. Answered . Chances depend on facts. You really need to meet one on one with an experienced immigration attorney, whether myself or one of my colleagues, so that he/she can review all your documents and facts in order to determine what your chances are.

2. Answered . One would need to know a lot more about your education and work history before assessing your chances at getting a work visa.

The mere fact that your tourist visas was revoked, however, shouldn't create any statutory impediment to getting a different nonimmigrant visa.

That being said, I think there will be a reasonable suspicion about your true intentions when your request to come to the U.S. is reviewed. In general, an intenting nonimmigrant has to demonstrate substantial connections to her home country, as a way of showing that she doesn't plan on actually residing permanently in the U.S. In your case, your husband violated his own nonimmigrant visa and remained in the U.S. past his period of authorized stay, raising the suspicion that you would be seeking to join him in the U.S. to live, rather than to just stay temporarily.

So--perhaps not an automatic denial based on statutory ineligibility, but your husband's actions probably made it more difficult as a practical matter to be readmitted to the U.S.