Is there any chance of me getting probation with getting charged with Aggravated battery with a deadly weapon?

Asked about 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

This is my first charge as a adult but I do have a juveinille record. The victim and I are also have with a nine month old baby in common. he has not cooperated with any officers. But they have three affidavits and one actual witness. None are willing to go to court but also have the weapon as evidence. The cop tried many tactics to get me and my fiancee to talk against each other but we oth invoked our right to remain silent, even after arrest in the cop car. He also read the waiver to not press charges inncorectly to my fiancee under the influence of medication at the hospital where he later realized it after being reduced on medication Help? I'm not trying to break up my family or go to prison away from my baby.

1. William David Umansky

Pro

12

1

Answered . We have handled many cases like yours that ended up with probation instead of prison. Furthermore in many cases if there is no evidence and the victim wants to drop the case, the charges get dropped. On the other hand the charges are serious and you should seek experienced local counsel ASAP.

2. Darryl Richard Smith

10

1

Answered . There is a chance that you could get the charges dropped, reduced, or get probation instead of prison time. However, you will need to hire an attorney who knows how to navigate the system and negotiate with the State Attorney's Office on your behalf. Hire an attorney ASAP...

3. Roger Scott Jr.

Pro

9

1

Answered . This charge scores mandatory prison time, even if you have a completely clean record. That being said, a good lawyer should be able to prevent you getting a prison sentence. Be very careful who you hire, and be careful about hiring whoever is the cheapest lawyer

4. Daniel Nelson Deasy

10

Answered . Hire a criminal defense attorney immediately. The charges are serious and could result in prison time. With that, of course, would come restrictions on your ability to parent.

5. James Regan

Pro

7

Answered . There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL.org) Speak to several that offer free consultation. Hire one that you feel comfortable with and you can afford. FACDL find a lawyer: http://tinyurl.com/8e4h3my

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.