Is there any chance my husband won't get deported?

Asked 3 months ago - Grand Junction, CO

He was arrested for domestic violence judge gave him a bail amount but he has a hold were if I pay he still won't get released what can I do to help him?

1. Mark Robert Barr

5

Answered . The best thing you can do right now is to schedule a consultation with a reputable immigration attorney in your area to see what options your husband has. There might be many things you can do to help your husband remain in the country lawfully; or there might be few or no options. The answer will depend on your responses to a host of questions about your husband's criminal history, family history, immigration history, employment history, etc.

Once you know what the options are, and how difficult the path forward will be, you and your husband can make a fully-informed decision about whether or not you want to fight for his ability to remain in the U.S.

Mark
    Denver, CO

2. Igor Serbinin

Pro

3

Answered . Yes, there is. If ICE placed hold normally after you pay the bond in criminal court your husband will be transported to GEO (immigration jail) and will be given a hearing on Bond or No Bond amount depending on the criminal charges. At this point you may argue for another bond with immigration judge and hopefully your husband will be released until further proceedings in immigration and criminal court. Needless to say to have better chances of keeping him in this country you will need immigration removal specialist. Good luck

3. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

3

Answered . Hire the best immigration attorney in your area with experience in removal relief/defense. Good luck!

4. Irene Vaisman

2

Answered . Start retaining a really good criminal and immigration attorney.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created.