Is there any case laws pertaining to this?

Asked over 1 year ago - Blaine, WA

I sued a contractor in small claims court for property damage and won due to no show and counter suit was dropped due to no show...then I filed in superior court against the contractors bond for Breach of Contract..per advice from L&I .since the contract was paid...( a lien was paid) and the work was never completed now a motion was filed to try to dismiss this case...stating trial it is res judicata ...But they are different. different evidence...the roofer finished the job (so he stated) then got back on my roof and broke several end tiles thus causing property damage....Any advice???

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . I am extremely familiar with trials and appeals relative to the doctrine of res judicata

    Yours is a question that will take hours or research and investigation and far exceeds the scope of this general Q and A forum

    You need to hire counsel on this.

Related Topics

Lawsuits and disputes

If you're faced with a dispute that can't be resolved by negotiation, a lawsuit may be necessary. It will allow you to seek a legally binding solution in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,569 answers this week

3,707 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,569 answers this week

3,707 attorneys answering