Is there any attorney or paralegal who can help in pro se litigation WA state...

Tacoma, WA |

My lawyer wants to quit in personal injury case from car accident and I prefer not to work with another lawyer...so wondering if any lawyer or pro bono or paralegal can help me in representing myself?
I will compensate their time depending on recovery.

1. Hello,

I am sorry to hear that your attorney is quitting. Without knowing the details of your case, it would be hard for anyone to advise you on what you need to do. It would be best to speak with another attorney right away to get some advice.

Sincerely,

Arthur D. Leritz

Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Leritz is licensed to practice law in the State of Washington. The response herein does not constitute legal advice nor does it seek to establish an attorney/client relationship, but rather offers educational insight only. Please feel free to visit Mr. Leritz's website for additional information: www.adlergiersch.com

2. This is a difficult question to answer without more information. Generally, you get what you pay for. I highly recommend doing some research and hiring a highly qualified attorney instead of going it alone.

An attorney-client relationship is NOT created through the use of this website or by answering this particular post. Each claim is different and must be judged on its own merits. The response herein does not constitute legal advice. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Questions may not include significant and important facts that could significantly change the reply. Mr. Price is licensed in MO only and strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in his or her particular state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

3. Not sure why your attorney is wanting to stop representing you however, I would strongly advise you to at least consult with another attorney regarding your case. You might also contact Legal aide in your area and see if they can assist you in this matter. Good Luck.

4. It is always a bad idea to go pro se...retain another lawyer.

5. FYI, most attorneys don't do pro bono work, those that do take cases where significant legal issues are at stake, to avoid a miscarriage of justice, or where a significant public issue is at stake. None of those factors are present in your post, so you are unlikely to find a free lawyer.

Pro se litigants almost never get a handle on what they are doing in court until long after the trial is over—a paralegal won't be much help if you're facing a seasoned attorney. In the end, most pro se litigants think they got ripped off by the system---really it’s that they had no idea what they were doing and the bungled their own case.

Your best bet is new attorney.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

6. I would agree with my colleagues. Seek a new attorney. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

7. Retain an attorney to fully represent you in your case. Many Pro Se litigants fall into the belief that they can retain an attorney to "advise" them on what to do, then the Pro Se litigant can "save money" by doing it themselves. Some may disagree, but I am of the mind that the attorney is either "in or out" on your representation. If an attorney is willing to agree to such fractured representation, they are likely "out."

This comment is made as general information and is in no way to be considered legal advice. Attorney's making such comments have no information beyond the information provided in the question presented. Additional information is necessary before an attorney can give specific advice. Please seek legal counsel.

8. If your personal injury attorney stops representing you during the car accident litigation, then doing the case pro se is next to impossible. It takes an attorney years to learn all of the issues regarding the rules of evidence, substantive state law on the type of accident, trial practice, jury instructions, and etc... Some of those issues may come up during the trial. Call another attorney to handle your automobile accident case.

24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4242 or visit us on the Web at http://www.hoffmannpersonalinjury.com.