Is there any attorney in the c oityf lockport ny who know how to file a REQUEST FOR JUDICIAL INTERVENTION ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Lockport, NY

Today is my day to tell about the city of lockport. Here I go. The city of Lockport is out to take my house because of back taxes ,That in itself is not wrong is the way they are trying to do it thats wrong. The city is saying my husband who is disable is not qualify for the disable discount on his taxes because he made to much money last year WRONG WRONG WRONG.tHE CITY OF lOCKPORT RFUSE TO follow... the law set by state and federal government .The city canot use a lump sun settlement from social security as a one year income and as a matter of law they have to reconize the dates when the state and the feds declare you disable and make decission to that letter.But the city refuse to even look at the law .The city of lockport and The county of niagara gave yahoo a $50 million tax break just

1. Louis Lawrence Sternberg

Pro

7

1

Best Answer

Answered . Your matter appears to be very complicated and unrelated to the title of your question. To answer the question posed in the title - simply serve all parties with a copy of the RJI and file the RJI (along with an affidavit of service) with the county clerk.

Best of luck in this matter.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

7

Answered . Filing an rji is not hard. The form is probably on line at the oca website. Any lawyer can do it but you can probably do it yourself.

3. Ivan E. Young

Pro

7

Answered . I am having a tough time deciphering exactly where your immediate concern lies but I will take a crack at it anyway. It seems as if you have a home that which you and your disabled husband reside in that is at risk of foreclosure due to delinquent property taxes. If that is correct, then I am not quite sure where a Request for Judicial Intervention (RJI) fits in.

What it seems like you may need to do is start asking friends, family, relatives for a loan; possibly in exchange to put a mortgage on the property or to give them a % of ownership of the deed of the property. If that does not work, you may want to look into what banks, investors and/or other financial institutions or conduits are willing and able to lend you money to pay the taxes in arrears.

At the end of the day, it is my belief that your first step is to consult with an attorney/law firm that practices in areas of real estate, foreclosure, bankruptcy and banking law. This type of attorney/law firm may be able to advise you in a way that looks at your situation from all pertinent angles and may be able to give you the best information and advice moving forward.

I wish you the best of luck and feel free to follow up with any further questions, comments and/or concerns.

4. Dominic H. Saraceno

Pro

Answered . There are several attorneys capable of handling this matter or you could file it yourself. I would suggest a bankruptcy to start with.