Is there an organization to help people with disabilities in Los Angeles when having problems with financial aid at school?

Asked over 1 year ago - Torrance, CA

School is trying to cut my already limited financial aid and objecting to some of the classes I want to take to make up units to keep me in school full time to get maximum aid but they are not towards my major degree.

1. Scott Richard Kaufman

Answered . School cannot discriminate against you unlawfully. Most schools WANT you to get financial aid. Try a disability rights atty.

2. Elliott H Stone

Answered . Assuming the cuts are not being pushed by limited funding, your school's financial aid counselor or advisor has the ability to override some of the award amounts (which the school computes on FAFSA information). You may want to schedule an appointment with the director of your school's financial aid office.