Is there an interview after filing form I 30 petition for alien relative or is the interview for the I 485 adjustment of status

Asked over 4 years ago - Dallas, TX

I want to file form I 30 petition for alien relative stand alone then apply for the I 485 later. when do I get the interview is it during the I 30 or the 485

1. Sonali Patnaik

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . Generally, USCIS does not schedule interviews for I-130 Petitions unless the beneficiary is in removal proceedings. If this is the case, I encourage you to seek attorney representation with your case. USCIS will conduct an interview for the I-485 Application for Permanent Residence in all family based cases.

2. Isaul Verdin

1

1

Answered . USCIS generally does not schedule an interview after an I-130 filing. However, in certain instances they may schedule an interview. This is the exception.

There is an interview after the I-485.

Best of luck.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Dallas, TX

3. Thuong-Tri Nguyen

1

Answered . In processing the Form I-130, petition for alien relative, USCIS is checking whether the petitioner has met the statutory requirements to be approved. The checking is generally done by looking at written evidence. There should not be a need for an in-person interview to determine a relationship to approve or deny a Form I-130 petition.

In-person interviews are generally done for the Form I-485, petition to adjust status.

You should review your specific facts with your attorney to see if there are potential problems with your petitions.

4. Cynthia Beth Rosenberg

Answered . My experience is that marriage cases, at least in the Baltimore district, DO have an I-130 interview